OutSport Toronto Nominated for Inspiring Community Organization of the Year at the 2015 INSPIRE Awards
Posted Wed, 25 Feb 2015, 4:51pm by Yanick Landry
For immediate distribution
February 25, 2015
OUTSPORT TORONTO is proud to announce it’s nomination at the 2015 Inspire Awards in the Inspiring Community Organization of the Year Award.
The 5th Anniversary INSPIRE Awards will be held on May 29th at the stunning Hart House courtyard on the beautiful grounds of the University of Toronto.
OUTSPORT TORONTO wishes to also congratulate the recipients of the Sport Hero Award:
- Mark Tewksbury, swimmer and Canadian Gold Medal Olympian
- Fallon Fox, USA Professional Mixed Martial Arts Fighter
- Kinnon Mackinnon, Canadian power lifter competed at the Gay Games
About the INSPIRE Awards
The honourees in each category are considered through community nominations and selected by a Jury Panel formed of representatives of the Board of Directors, Presenting and Community Partners, and members of the LGBTQ community.
The INSPIRE Awards honour annually the most inspiring people, youth, businesses and organizations in the LGBTQ community in the Greater Toronto Area.
INSPIRE Award is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of facilitating the annual awards and inspiring the community.
About OUTSPORT TORONTO
OUTSPORT TORONTO serves and supports LGBT amateur sport and recreation organizations and athletes in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) by:
- encouraging health, healthy living, wellness and well-being through participation in sport and recreation within the LGBT community;
- facilitating interaction and communication amongst member LGBT sport organizations;
- providing opportunities for learning and mentoring; and
- effectively advocating to external parties.
- 30 -